
Whatever you can do, or think you can, begin it.
Boldness has power, magic and grace within it.
Begin It Now.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
And so I have begun. After days, literally three days of pottering around and filling my mind up with innumerable things (mostly RSS-based) and just plain unabashed procrastination (mostly on Posterous). Around midnight I sat down and the ideas that I have been structuring for weeks, based on months, based on years and a lifetime just came pouring out. I was actually stunned to discover how all those little details had been sifted and synthesised in my mind while I wasn't looking.
It is past noon now, and I have written up a third of the T42 (TESOL Teacher Training for Web 2.0) e-book, recorded and published the first two podcasts and done some updates on the T42 Hub social networking website. This leaves two thirds of the book, two more recordings (which are easier now that I’m more comfortable with the software) and five videos.
What remains then is recruiting participants for the course. I plan to do this entirely online, in the spirit of Web 2.0. By next Saturday. Mmmm. That should be interesting.
The Chinese proverb says that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. What never ceases to amaze me is how far that single step takes you.
I am including hyperlinks in this post, even though the materials are not yet complete and the T42 Hub site is not live yet. The emphasis, under the circumstances, is on the first four letters of the word “hyperlink”. It is hard to be objective about one’s own project, but I believe this one can be really valuable to TESOL teachers looking for experiential training in Web 2.0 for learning and teaching. I trust the synergetic serendipity of social networking will bring us together!
No comments:
Post a Comment