Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The First Treasure: Inspiration for a New Year

It is always good to start a new year with fresh inspiration. I hope 2011 has had a perfect beginning for you, and that it will be brimful with health, happiness and unprecedented success.





I am starting my year with a series of inspiring and thought-provoking activities. This really puts things in perspective for me. It is The Seven Treasures, an experiential guide to the classic text As A Man Thinketh by James Allen. As A Man Thinketh is an insightful and empowering text, but a heavy read. The Seven Treasures activities make the ideas practical, fun and easy to understand.

The First Treasure is a reminder of the origin of things, the great potential that sleeps within small beginnings, and the certain outcome determined by those beginnings. The first chapter of As A Man Thinketh shows how our thoughts mould our character, while character rules our actions, which ultimately determine the circumstances of our lives. The First Treasure really brings me to terms with this process. How? By sprouting seeds! Just as each seed can only grow into a certain plant, each thought can only result in a certain bent of character, matching actions and ultimate results. A seed can also only sprout if it is given the necessary attention: water, air, light, warmth and soil.

Over the past days I have enjoyed growing my symbolical mung beans and pondering what the thoughts are that I nurture in my own mind, how those thoughts sprout into character, action and results. Truly food for thought. The photo diary at the top of this blog post documents the adventure. 

The First Treasure is available as a free download at http://scr.bi/firstreasure. The full text is published exclusively by ThinkGold Productions at www.thinkgold.org. Make the Seven Treasures your own - and share them!

Disclosure: I am a founding member of ThinkGold Productions, publisher of this unique and original edition of the text. If I had not been reading this book for the past six months as an editor and publishing partner, I would have been reading it out of sheer fascination. 

No comments: